The YDLIDAR G2 Lidar is a 360-degree two-dimensional distance measurement product developed by the YDLIDAR team. This product is based on the principle of triangulation, and is equipped with relevant optics, electricity, and algorithm designed to realize high-frequency and high-precision distance measurement. At the same time as the distance measurement, 360 degrees of scanning distance measurement is achieved by continuously obtaining the angle information through the 360 degree rotation of the motor.
The G2 LiDAR has the following features:
- Excellent small form-factor device
- 360 degree omnidirectional scanning
- Industrial grade brushless motor drive, stable performance
- Small distance error; stable distance measurement and high accuracy
- Strong resistance to ambient light interference
- Laser power meets Class I laser safety standards
This is an excellent mid-level device for cost-sensitive applications.
The F4 LiDAR specification highlights:
- Scan range: 0.1 – 12 m
- Scan rate: 5 – 12 Hz, user-configurable
- Angular resolution (typical): ~0.5 degrees, user-configurable
- Angular range: 360 degrees
- Range accuracy: < 1% of distance
- High-speed ranging, ranging frequency: 5000hz
- Interfaces: UART/Serial port interface, mini-USB
The above specification makes this device well suited to indoor SLAM applications.
This product is being used very successfully for mapping, navigation and frontier exploration of indoor environments. See our youtube video of frontier exploration!