The YDLIDAR X4 Lidar is a 360-degree two-dimensional distance measurement product developed by the YDLIDAR team. This product is based on the principle of triangulation, and is equipped with relevant optics, electricity, and algorithm designed to realize high-frequency and high-precision distance measurement. At the same time as the distance measurement, 360 degrees of scanning distance measurement is achieved by continuously obtaining the angle information through the 360 degree rotation of the motor.
The X4 LiDAR has the following features:
- 360-degree scanning distance measurement
- Small distance error; stable distance measurement and high accuracy
- Wide ranging range, not less than 10m
- Strong resistance to ambient light interference
- Industrial grade brushless motor drive, stable performance
- Laser power meets Class I laser safety standards
- 360 degree omnidirectional scanning; 6-12Hz adaptive scanning frequency
- High-speed ranging, ranging frequency up to 5000hz
This is a good entry-level device for cost-sensitive applications.
The X4 LiDAR specification highlights:
- Scan range: 0.12 – 10 m
- Scan rate: 6 – 12 Hz, user-configurable
- Angular resolution (typical): ~0.5 degrees, user-configurable*
- Angular range: 360 degrees
- Range accuracy: < 1% of distance
The above specification makes this device well suited to indooor SLAM applications.